Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

October Update

So since it's been a while I though I'd give a little update on the past month or so of our wonderful marriage life! First we started rock climbing!! JP wanted to start climbing this summer, but I finally agreed to start about a month ago because we had a Groupon and we've definitely fallen in love with it! I was a little scared at first about the whole height thing, but it wasn't too bad. We now go about 2-3 times a week and have a blast. It's our little workout and we've met a ton of cool people there - everyone is so friendly and helpful. The only downside is that we think JP just pulled a muscle or something in his shoulder so we have to take a short break - hopefully only a couple days! We went yesterday and it was really hurting him, but before that he finally got the V0- path that he had been working on for a couple days so we were excited about that!

Onto the next set of business...my birthday! It first started on Sunday when we went to my parents house for an amazing dinner of Rollie Pollies and a pudding layer cake! It was fun to get together with my family since we don't do that as often now that we're all married off. Then...Tuesday I officially turned 20 and JP definitely made it an awesome birthday! First he made me french toast and fruit for breakfast before school, then in between classes we went to Sacks and got a free sandwich and JP actually ditched his only class to take me shopping in Scottsdale and made himself my personal shopper. There are definitely perks to having a fashion conscious husband! Then after shopping we went out to dinner and dessert at Subzero (for free of course)! It was a great day full of free food and I finally got myself a really cute maxi skirt!

Oh we also finished decorating most of our house! There are still a couple unfinished projects, but it doesn't look too bad. We spent a good amount of summer trying to make our house look more homey and add all those little touches. We painted, JP built a couple shelves and we hung a lot of pictures - and it's finally looking good. Pictures will hopefully come soon so don't forget to check them out. Well I think that's about all for our update! Next time there might be mention of a trip to Oregon or if it's a really long time our Thanksgiving in Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment